Bienvenidos

Bienvenidos a mi Blog

jueves, 22 de marzo de 2012

Por la zona cordobesa

In November, I went to Córdoba. Rainy and damp day, very similar to the one in Lawrence today. That rain compels me to write and review my journal. Nostalgia I feel for that moment in November.

A delightful trip to Córdoba, in solitude, to recall time past and revisit a city for which I have so much wonder.

The purpose was to visit the Mezquita and other places. I also wanted to awaken a reconnection to the Muslim-Iberian world of the Middle Ages. I was teaching a course on that very subject. It seemed relevant!



The visit to the Mezquita was superb! Amazement always gets the hold of me when I stand inside and look at the arches!. One can spend a lifetime trying to understand the complex, cultural dynamics of this structure. I wish I had that luxury. Alas, to recover all that information.

For lunch, I walked from the area around the Mezquita to a plazuela near the Museo de Arqueología. There I discovered a small bar with a decent selection of tapas. I wanted some croquetas with a caña. Light fare. I did feel hungry. I guess I hadn´t shifted to heavy lunch mentality. The food was indeed tasty!

Plazuela
The museum offered some exciting artifacts. The mix was incredible and brought into focus the interplay of cultures in this area of Iberia. I enjoyed the Museo de Arqueología and the walk back to Mezquita and the Judería was refreshing.

Later that day, I wandered through the town. My digital was flying at the speed of light. I wrote postcards here and there to friends. At one point, the rain was too much,  and I entered into a Café & Té Shop near the Plaza de Tendillas. Muy buena onda y relajado. I ordered some tea; I sipped and sat for an hour viewing the world around me.

The return to Madrid was planned to be late. Exciting to ride a fast train through the plains of Castilla-La Mancha toward the capital. The marvel of modern transportation in Spain. The culture of movement has progressed, but the train still persists as a viable means.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario